Collection and Use of Personal Data
We mainly collect personal data that we get directly from you:
- when you contact us through the ‘contact us’ form: your name, email address, telephone (optional) and your communication with us.
We will store your personal data only for purposes of:
- answering your questions through the ‘contact us’ form, and,
- improving and optimising our website.
The processing of your personal data is based:
- on your consent, e.g. if you give your permission after completing the ‘contact us’ form. You can withdraw your consent for the Make Sense campaign to store your personal data at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
- on our legitimate interests, e.g. to gather statistics on the usage of our website.
Disclosure of Personal Information
The Make Sense campaign will not sell, share or rent your personal information to others except with your consent. We only share your information in order to provide a service, you have requested; or to enable a third party to provide services to us and then only to provide those services. We also will disclose personal information to enforce our rights, to prevent fraud or when required by law, judicial process or other legal order to do so.
Some data may be stored or transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) for the purposes described above. It is possible that this transfer occurs via service providers established outside EEA territory or because data are stored on a server located outside or accessible outside the EEA.
In this respect, the Make Sense campaign is committed to ensuring an adequate level of protection for your data, in particular via an adequacy decision under article 45 GDPR for the country to which data are transferred (including certifications under the EU-US Privacy Shield), by concluding standard contractual clauses under article 46.2 GDPR, or by any other appropriate safeguards.
Will the Make Sense campaign share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to a third-party partner affiliated to the Make Sense campaign in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to use them only to fulfill the activities and services within the Make Sense campaign. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Make Sense campaign’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
Storage of your data
We keep the data we collect as long as necessary to provide our services and for the purposes described above. In doing so, we take into account the time that has passed since our latest contact with you.
In addition, you have the right to request a rectification of your data or the deletion of your data.
Where is information held?
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including our web server and on other IT systems (including email).
You may receive email correspondence from us if you have contacted us by entering your name in our ‘contact us’ web form.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on your hard drive. Our cookies contain no personal information about you. Among other things, cookies help keep track of data you have entered during the session for your convenience. Click here for a list of cookies used by our website.
The Make Sense campaign website may include links to social media and other sites, not owned or managed by us to which different policies may apply. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of information collected by websites not managed by us.
Your rights as a data subject
You have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. Some of these rights may be subject to conditions or exceptions.
- You have a right of access to your data, a right to correct your data, a right to the erasure of your data, a right to limit the processing of your data and a right to ask the portability of your data.
- You also have a right to object to the processing of your data in general as well as to the processing of your data for direct marketing and profiling purposes. We provide a link to unsubscribe in every newsletter.
- If the processing of your data is based on consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without this affecting the legitimacy of the processing done prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
You can send your request by e-mail to [email protected] To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before processing your request.
In accordance with article 77 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of an alleged infringement of the GDPR.
Changes to this policy
This policy was last updated May 2018.
If you have any questions about this policy, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, please contact AXON Communications Inc., an AVENIR GLOBAL company who act as the Secretariat for the Make Sense campaign via [email protected] or at the address: AXON Communications, 160 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8EZ.